Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superrune

StdOut question...

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm reinstalling my system, with the usual software upgrades that come with it.

To be up-to-date on everything, I've updated Autoit today, resulting in some scripts not working anymore. No problem, I'll probably fix most of the errors I get. But there was one thing that puzzled med though. These three lines:

$exif = Run("exiftool.exe -t -S -q -f -exposureTime -aperture -iso -canonimagewidth -canonimageheight -colortemperature -datetimeoriginal " & $files[$i] & ".CR2", $folder, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
$stdout = StdoutRead($exif)
$exif = StringSplit($stdout,@TAB)

Now had to be replaced with these lines:

$exif = Run("exiftool.exe -t -S -q -f -exposureTime -aperture -iso -canonimagewidth -canonimageheight -colortemperature -datetimeoriginal XL2N3330.CR2", $folder, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
local $stdout

While 1
    $stdout = StdoutRead($exif)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $stdout <> "" Then 
        $exif = StringSplit($stdout,@TAB)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

There's probably a good reason for it, but for a guy learning to program it seems a bit unneccesary. Or could I be on the wrong track, is there a quicker way to accomplish the same lines of code?

Thanks!

I have been working with StdoutRead a lot lately.

The best way to use it is to go strickly by the example at the bottom of the page in the AutoIt help file under StdoutRead - use @Comspec and use TWO loops please.

Das Häschen benutzt Radar