i want to make a group in this shape:

-----------------------

|AAAAAAAAAAAAA|

|AAAAAAAAAAAAA|

|AAAAAAA--------- |

|AAAAAAA|

|AAAAAAA|

------------

is it possible? i thought maybe make the big group and then make a smaller one in bottom-right corner and make its border half invisible or something.

any ideas?

Edited by tamir

Try using as style

$SS_NOTIFY + $SS_LEFT + $SS_ETCHEDFRAME

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean SS_NOTIFY + SS_LEFT + SS_ETCHEDFRAME?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

IFAIK to refer to variant Autoit uses the $...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I see. The help on Window Styles doesn't mention the dollar sign and I thought that SS_ETCHEDFRAME etc were predefined constants. Thanks.

What does IFAIK mean?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

As far as I know

The only predefined constants in Autoit are macros, the variant that uses the @ simbol.

Al the values for the GUI functions are set in the GUIConstants.au3 file that is included at the begin of the script. But they are actually normal global variant and you have to call them as normal variants.

Thanks ezzetabi.

Possible UDF.... Now if only we could do diagonal lines :lmao:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("Example")
GuiSetState()

_DrawLine(50, 50, "horiz", 200)
_DrawLine(50, 50, "vert", 200)
_DrawLine(250, 50, "vert", 100)
_DrawLine(150, 150, "horiz", 100)
_DrawLine(150, 150, "vert", 100)
_DrawLine(50, 250, "horiz", 100)
While GuiGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd

Exit
Func _DrawLine($StartX, $StartY, $orientation, $length, $thickness = 2)
    If StringInStr($orientation, "vert") Then
        GuiCtrlCreateLabel("", $StartX, $StartY, $thickness, $length, $SS_ETCHEDFRAME)
    Else
        GuiCtrlCreateLabel("",$StartX, $StartY, $length, $thickness, $SS_ETCHEDFRAME)
    EndIf
EndFunc
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!