End Of File not detected

I've got a program doing what I want it to do, except that it does not detect the end of file when reading.

The idea is simple: Read line from inputfile, if not at the end_of_file, write it to outputfile. It's just that I can't get it to work. muttley

If I delete these lines, the program works. If I keep these, it keeps writing empty lines to the new file.

I've copied this from the documentation:

While 1
    $LineRead = FileReadLine($FileHandleOld)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    FileWriteLine($FileHandleNew, $LineRead)
WEnd

I've tried this because it has the condition in the loop:

While @error <> -1  
    $LineRead = StringStripWS(FileReadLine($FileHandleOld),3)
WEnd

Just for testing this, I've written a small program that just reads a line from "inputfile.txt" and writes it to "outputfile.txt"

Dim $FileNameOld = "inputfile.txt"                                      ; file name to open, needs an input box
Dim $FileHandleOld = ""                                                     ; Handle for old filename
Dim $FileNameNew = "outputfile.txt"                                         ; file name to write, same name as file to open with _new added to it
Dim $FileHandleNew = ""                                                     ; Handle for new filename

Dim $LineRead = ""

$FileHandleOld = FileOpen($FileNameOld,0)                                   ; Open old file for reading
$FileHandleNew = FileOpen($FileNameNew,2)                                   ; Open new file for writing, empty file if it exists

While 1
WEnd
FileClose($FileHandleOld)
FileClose($FileHandleNew)

; end of program

It does't work like it should. I have to right-click the tray icon to stop the program, and it keeps writing empty lines to the outputfile.

I'm using Windows Vista Home (in Dutch language) and I have the latest version of autoit (not the beta)

Edited by JayJay

... You check the error from the last executed function, but this is StringStripWS. You have to split the command:

$LineRead = StringStripWS($LineRead,3)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes