[Resolved]Doing installation using elevated credentials

Can anyone help me with the part where the script would install (or do anything) as a different user where the user and the pass will be coded inside the script. Something like "runas" CMD command but with no password prompting the user.

!0x

Edited by Juvigy

The following will run your script as an administrator:

#RequireAdmin

Here's a paste from the help file:

#RequireAdmin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifies that the current script requires full administrator rights to run.

#RequireAdmin

Parameters

None.

Remarks

This function was primarily aimed at allowing AutoIt scripts to work correctly with Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) (However, will also work on Windows 2000 and Windows XP).

For more details see AutoIt on Windows Vista.

As this function launch a new process, some functions as Consolewrite() cannot be captured (Scite will not display anything).

Require admin doesnt work for me. It just requires the user that runs the script to have admin rights.

I found that "RunAsSet" will do the trick , but it works only for the "run" functions. It wont work for the "ShellExecute" or other such functions. Is there any way that the whole script to have admin rights and not just the calls of the "run" functions?

If not IsAdmin() Then
    RunAs("user","domain","pass",0,@ScriptName,@ScriptDir)
    Exit
EndIf

That will rerun your executable with credentials. I have only tested with executables but i dont think it will run the .au3.

If not IsAdmin() Then
    RunAs("user","domain","pass",0,@ScriptName,@ScriptDir)
    Exit
EndIf

That will rerun your executable with credentials. I have only tested with executables but i dont think it will run the .au3.

I already found that , but it works only for "RunAs" function. I need more. For example ShellExecute or call dll's with admin credentials. And running the whole script/ ".exe" file with admin credentials / credentials i specify in the script.

I already found that , but it works only for "RunAs" function. I need more. For example ShellExecute or call dll's with admin credentials. And running the whole script/ ".exe" file with admin credentials / credentials i specify in the script.

Right, you want to re-run your whole script as an admin if the current user isnt one, correct?

That code will do that. it is checking to see whether the current user is an admin, if they are not, the script re-runs itself using admin credentials.

the @ScriptName,@ScriptDir are telling autoit to rerun itself using the login provided.

I believe the code will only work once you have compiled your script to an exe.

Hi,

You have to run this script that will relaunch this script as admin, then do all you need;

CODE

If Not IsAdmin() Then

RunAsSet("Administrator",@ComputerName,"adminpassword")

FileCopy(@AutoItExe, "c:\TempInst\",8) ;if runned from network, need to copy the .exe on the wks as wks admin has't drive mapped

;make sure to copy it somewhere user has privileges to write and create folder

Runwait("c:\TempInst\" & @ScriptName , "c:\TempInst\")

DirRemove("c:\TempInst",1)

RunAsSet()

Exit

EndIf

; your code here, all will be runned as admin

ShellExecute()

run()

Exit

Have fun!

TP

• Developers

Cant find this functions in my AutoIt , or in the help file. I only find RunAsSet . I have V3 .

... use the latest AutoIt3 version for the RunAs(). RunAsSet() is obsolete since the latest release.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

... use the latest AutoIt3 version for the RunAs(). RunAsSet() is obsolete since the latest release.

Jos

Was there any explanation why they changed from RunAsSet() to RunAs()? It seems to then make you type in the info many more times if you need to do several tasks as a different user.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this reply is late -

Depending on what you are doing psexec (part of pstools from microsoft) may be useful for launching scripts with elevated priviledges.

It allows you to run the script against many hosts if necessary

It does not require that a user be logged on

It is a great tool to use in conjunction with AutoIT!

For requirements see:

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts....D=3748&PN=1

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9139

Stumppc