What is unique for AutoIT?

Can someone tell me what is unique for AutoIT? I mean, seems VBScript and other script language can do automation work as well, then what is unique for AutoIT? Which jobs can AutoIT do but others cannot? Thanks.

For me Autoit is like VisualBasic but more easier,of course autoit havn't as functions as VisualBasic....

No-life of autoit...what could be better ?LAST SCRIPTS WITH AUTO-IT : CLICK HERE

Can someone tell me what is unique for AutoIT? I mean, seems VBScript and other script language can do automation work as well, then what is unique for AutoIT? Which jobs can AutoIT do but others cannot? Thanks.

The main idea is to do more easy that in other languages.

When the words fail... music speaks.

AutoIt can create GUI's natively. Maybe you should be asking what it CAN'T do.

Can

interact with other programs so program and installations can be automated. (Send key strokes, select from combos, write to inputs, press buttons, invoke menu items...)

Create gui applications

Console applications

Use Dlls, use Windows API, use callback function.

use COM objects

Send and receive messages

Embed IE in Guis

Lots more

Has good design/development aid tools: GUI designer in Koda; SciTE editor

Easy to learn.

Uses variant type variables so that variable types are dealt with automatically.

Good support for users in these forums. Excellent Help file with examples.

Lots of special UDFs (equivalent to libraries say) written and either supplied with AutoIt or available from these forums.

Thousands of examples.

Cannot

create compiled code. (It is interpreted, but pretty fast)

create objects easily.

Cannot create dlls.

Cannot multithread.

AutoIt is constantly being developed, extended and improved and it's free!

Think of something you want to do and try using AutoIt to do it. If you want decide which of 2 languages to use then trying doing the same thing in both. Assuming you know equally little about either then I think there's a very good chance you'll get the AutoIt version done first.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It can't interact very cleanly with .Net.

This should dump a list of .NET objects that are safe for scripting:

$i = 1
While 1
    $sKey = "@" & RegEnumKey("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT",$i)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If StringInStr($sKey,"@System.") Then
        $sKey = StringTrimLeft($sKey,1)
        $oTest = ObjCreate($sKey)
        If Not @error Then
            If StringLen(ObjName($oTest)) > 0 Then ConsoleWrite($sKey & @LF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $i += 1
WEndoÝ÷ Ù*&zØZ´Z½ë¬yÖ®¶­sbb33c´FFÆ7BÒö&¤7&VFRgV÷Cµ77FVÒä6öÆÆV7Föç2ä'&Æ7BgV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7BäFBgV÷C´"gV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7BäFBgV÷C´2gV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7BäFBgV÷C´RgV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7BäFBgV÷C´BgV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7BäFBgV÷C´gV÷C²¢b33c´FFÆ7Bå6÷'B¢b33c´FFÆ7Bå&WfW'6R ¤f÷"b33c·7G$FVÒâb33c´FFÆ7@¢6öç6öÆUw&FRb33c·7G$FVÒfײ5$Äb¤æW@ ¢b33c¶Æ7BÒö&¤7&VFRgV÷Cµ77FVÒä6öÆÆV7Föç2ç6÷'FVFÆ7BgV÷C²¢b33c¶Æ7BäFBgV÷C·¢gV÷C²ÂgV÷C·6gV÷C²¢b33c¶Æ7BäFBgV÷C¶bgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶6gV÷C²¢b33c¶Æ7BäFBgV÷C¶gV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶FfG6gV÷C²¢b33c¶Æ7BäFBgV÷C¶gV÷C²ÂgV÷C·w'G6gV÷C²¤6öç6öÆUw&FRgV÷C·FW7C¢gV÷C²fײb33c¶Æ7Bä6÷VçBfײ5$Äb¦f÷"b33c¶ÒFòb33c¶Æ7Bæ6÷VçBÒ 6öç6öÆUw&FRb33c¶Æ7BävWD¶Wb33c¶fײgV÷C²ÒgV÷C²fײb33c¶Æ7BävWF'æFWb33c¶fײ5$Äb¤æW

Not really. I wrote a .Net object and exposed it to COM. It has a method that accepts a string, and declares an object and returns it. It can't accept parameters, so can only declare objects with a 0 parameter constructor. System.Windows.Forms.Form was one of them.

$obj = ObjCreate("NetCom.NetCom")

If Not $obj.LoadAssembly("System.Windows.Forms, version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089") Then
    MsgBox(0, "", $obj.GetLastError())
    Exit
EndIf

$form = $obj.CreateReturnObject("System.Windows.Forms.Form, System.Windows.Forms, version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089")

$form.Text = "test"
$form.ShowDialog()

NetCom.NetCom is the object I wrote.