Guild Wars Bots (Kurzick/Luxon HFFF, spam, etc)

TheMna

So I went and scripted myself some flawlessly working bots (no amount of lag short of complete d/c will derail them, and even then it will reconnect as soon as possible; they're very efficient) and was wondering what to do with them now. I originally scripted them just to spite anet for implementing grind titles and out of the annoyance of watching other people bot so easily. From my experience, the community on Guild Wars is comprised mostly of little tween bastards, so I'm undecided over whether I should release my work. If I come off sounding like a prick right now its probably because I am, but that put aside, a part of me wants to release these bots as I haven't found any reliable ones that accomplish what my scripts do (short of pay sites, tho I haven't tried any of those), and I wouldn't mind a decent fellow getting some use out of my work. ATM the bots will only work for my current setup and in-game settings, but I could easily create a script for the bot to configure these settings to its liking so other people could use it easily.

tl;dr What should I do with my gw botting work?

Edited by TheMna

Its up to you. I quit playing GW a while ago, not sure there's much interest in this, I created a macro/script for Age of Conan and was kind of under the same impression, I know other people probably have coded this same type of thing, not sure I feel good about for-pay programs out there, I figure that if people are already doing this sort of thing, it only seems right that there is a level-playing field and that not only the people that pay for "cheats" should be getting the benefits of it.

At the same time, there's a whole lot of individuals that seem to think that those of us who provide the free tools are the "bad guy", so I don't know if it'd be worth your time to post the code, you'd probably just get a lot of individuals saying you are scum for giving it away.

• Developers

So I went and scripted myself some flawlessly working bots (no amount of lag short of complete d/c will derail them, and even then it will reconnect as soon as possible; they're very efficient) and was wondering what to do with them now. I originally scripted them just to spite anet for implementing grind titles and out of the annoyance of watching other people bot so easily. From my experience, the community on Guild Wars is comprised mostly of little tween bastards, so I'm undecided over whether I should release my work. If I come off sounding like a prick right now its probably because I am, but that put aside, a part of me wants to release these bots as I haven't found any reliable ones that accomplish what my scripts do (short of pay sites, tho I haven't tried any of those), and I wouldn't mind a decent fellow getting some use out of my work. ATM the bots will only work for my current setup and in-game settings, but I could easily create a script for the bot to configure these settings to its liking so other people could use it easily.

tl;dr What should I do with my gw botting work?

I have no idea why you choose to create this thread in the Examples forum while not really wanting to show anything.

By the way, my preference would be not to release it here when it attracks "little tween bastards".

Just being a prick here too. :P

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)