New compiler option in AutoItWrapper v1.10.1.8

In this new version, there are a few options that I don't really understand.

What is output A3X for?

What is "Use UPX"?

What is "Create CUI instead of GUI.exe"?

What is "Use ANSI version of AutoIt3/Aut2exe"?

Thanks for your help

Richard

• Developers

These are all options available in AutoIt3 or AUT2EXE programs and mostly described in the AutoIt3 Helpfile.

Jos :P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

In this new version, there are a few options that I don't really understand.

What is output A3X for?

What is "Use UPX"?

What is "Create CUI instead of GUI.exe"?

What is "Use ANSI version of AutoIt3/Aut2exe"?

Thanks for your help

Richard

Following the recommendation, I checked through the Help file.

Output A3X - Produces an AutoIt Encoded Script. Although quite why we'd want to do this, I'm not sure

Use UPX - Compresses the resultant .exe with UPX, to make it smaller

Use ANSI - Output an .exe that is backwards compatible with Windows 9x

Create CUI - No idea, help file doesn't mention CUI at all. However, my guess is 'Console User Interface' so rather than interfacing with a GUI (the traditional Windows look), it interfaces with a console (command prompt)

I was searching the forum for an answer to the same CUI question, and came across your post. Hopefully someone can give us the real answer!

• Developers

Output A3X - Produces an AutoIt Encoded Script. Although quite why we'd want to do this, I'm not sure

This outputs an exe that contains only the compiled source without the runtime module meaning it needs another compiled script or AutoIt3.exe to be able to run it.

Create CUI - No idea, help file doesn't mention CUI at all. However, my guess is 'Console User Interface' so rather than interfacing with a GUI (the traditional Windows look), it interfaces with a console (command prompt)

I was searching the forum for an answer to the same CUI question, and came across your post. Hopefully someone can give us the real answer!

It is described in the AUT2EXE page under the "/console":

/console Specifies that the script should be compiled as a Console application.

So your guess is correct and a simple effect is that output from ConsoleWrite() is normally not displayed when a script is ran from the Command prompt, but it will be when compiled with this option.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)