How to unblock keyboard? (AutoIt locks it somehow)

I've been learning about AutoIt for about a month now.

This is about the keyboard freezing after using AutoIt

This has happened too often now to be the result of one single application.

I record the setup routines of applications with AutoIt to make my installation suitable to my needs.

I edit the results and sometimes make some mistakes by adding too few or too many variables or keystrokes but don't understand why at times the keyboard will lock up or react strangely.

Even when I log off, the keyboard still doesn't work correctly. When I begin typing after logging off, I notice that the "o" makes the extended option appear, but all other the other keys don't work. I haven't found any applicable info on this subject in the forum after searching for the terms "keyboard" and "lockup" together even though I found some info regarding just one application or one routine.

Does someone have a tip how to unblock the keyboard when something like this happens?

Where is this keyboard locking function found? Can it be turned off in AutoIt if it's not needed? Do I have to write something in each script to keep this from happening?

I've been learning about AutoIt for about a month now.

This is about the keyboard freezing after using AutoIt

This has happened too often now to be the result of one single application.

I record the setup routines of applications with AutoIt to make my installation suitable to my needs.

I edit the results and sometimes make some mistakes by adding too few or too many variables or keystrokes but don't understand why at times the keyboard will lock up or react strangely.

Even when I log off, the keyboard still doesn't work correctly. When I begin typing after logging off, I notice that the "o" makes the extended option appear, but all other the other keys don't work. I haven't found any applicable info on this subject in the forum after searching for the terms "keyboard" and "lockup" together even though I found some info regarding just one application or one routine.

Does someone have a tip how to unblock the keyboard when something like this happens?

Where is this keyboard locking function found? Can it be turned off in AutoIt if it's not needed? Do I have to write something in each script to keep this from happening?

Welcome to the AutoIt forums DISL0CATEDTIME :P

If the keyboard were working correctly, what would you have to do to get the "extended option" to appear?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Sounds like it's holding down one of the modifiers. When this happens, try tapping your Windows, Alt, Ctrl, or Shift key before hitting any other keys.

That is the work around that I use 30 or 40 times a day. It did not used to be a problem for me. Something has changed and I either need to recode every script to use martin's work around or hope that the bug report gets picked up at some time in the future.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]