When AutoItX v3 will be released?

autoituser

Please search the forum before posting questions like this. It has been said in many posts, in many different ways. The stable version of AutoItX will be released when they finally come up with a stable AutoIt v3.0.103. When that will be no one knows (unless Jon has made up his mind inthe last week). With open source projects "deadline" is a dirty word because the developers are working for free so you should just be greatful they come up with anything.

Matt

By the way, should version change to 3.1 in next beta? I think it will have many great features like COM, regexp, stdout, (hopefully) traymenus etc. So maybe version should change to indicate a lot of new features have been added?

Or if Jon would release now without GUI & regexp and add these to next version with other new developments, then next version would definitely deserve a major version change (--> 4.0)

• Administrators

The beta version has been there for a long time. When there will be a release version available?

AutoItX is always held up by normal AutoIt development. I just can't do both so I intend to get AutoItX up to scratch when Autoit v3.0.103 is done in the "lull" after it is released.

Edit: The current AutoItX was only labelled as "beta" because I wasn't happy with the docs and didn't have time to finish them. The actual code was pretty bug free as it only uses tested AutoIt code :lmao:

• Administrators

I've been working on AutoItX all day, so progress is being made now. It's quite shocking the number of small changes and fixes that 3.0.103 introduced that I'm having to back port into AutoItX. I've already done ControlListView before you ask :lmao: