COM component that allows hooking into any window

faisalv

Does anyone know of any COM Automation components that one can use from WSH to hook into a window's message queue or listen to mouse/keyboard events?

What i'd like to write is something roughly like this (pseudo-codish - oh if only autoit allowed this):

var autoit = new ActiveXObject("AutoIt..");

autoit.on("[active]","MOUSE_CLICK", function(x,y) { wscript.echo("clicked at " + x + " " + y + " in active window"); });

Anyone know of any wsh usable component out there that allows anything remotely like this?

I know meadco's scriptx has some nice functionality - but it doesn't allow setting windows hooks (ala SetWindowsHooksEx etc..) via jscript :(

I'd really rather not learn/use any other scripting language to accomplish this (and if such a component does not exist, i would consider writing one using VS - but as you can understand, i'd rather not do this if there are some good solutions already out there ;)

I see on some of the other forums that a hook.dll was developed that allows some useful similar functionality - but I was hoping for something that allows COM automation so that I can use it directly from WSH.

Has anyone else felt the need for anything like this?

thanks in advance,

Faisal Vali

Radiation Oncology, Loyola