Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
venkatb

How to program clicking of buttons of our own software's GUI

18 posts in this topic

I want to automate some button pressing options in our software and for that i need the control IDs of all the buttons. I tried to find the control IDs using AUTOIT INFO TOOL. But it could not sense the IDs. AUTOIT INFO TOOL is able in case of Microsoft operating system windows. Then why not in case of our software. Please provide me with a clue. This is very important for us. Thank You...

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I want to automate some button pressing options in our software and for that i need the control IDs of all the buttons. I tried to find the control IDs using AUTOIT INFO TOOL. But it could not sense the IDs. AUTOIT INFO TOOL is able in case of Microsoft operating system windows. Then why not in case of our software. Please provide me with a clue. This is very important for us. Thank You...

...For example open PINBALL program of WINDOWS games and try to get control IDs with AUTOIT INFO TOOL. My aim is to program the button presses so that a standard sequence of button prersses are done automatically.I need some solution for this immeadiatly. Please help me...

Edited by venkatb

Since Windows Pinball has no buttons and it has a menu, did you try looking in the Help File -> User Defined Functions -> GuiMenu Management ?

Cheers

Since Windows Pinball has no buttons and it has a menu, did you try looking in the Help File -> User Defined Functions -> GuiMenu Management ?

Cheers

I had attached a picture of our software's GUI (see attachements) in which i want to program the pressing of search IEDs button. Provide provide me a clue for the code. I need it desperatly...Awaiting reply...

doubt1.bmp

I had attached a picture of our software's GUI (see attachements) in which i want to program the pressing of search IEDs button. Provide provide me a clue for the code. I need it desperatly...Awaiting reply...

I want to program the button press process of software's GUI, but i do not know the ID of that button, since AUTOIT INFO TOOL is not sensing any data from our software's gui window. Please provide me with an example code for this type of case. Thank You...

We have a software, which has some buttons to click. I want to program those button clicks...please help me in doind this script...This is very important for us..please help..

Help me regarding the code to program clicking of buttons on our software's GUI windows..give me some clues to code this...as of how to start..i am new to autoit...

According to your first thread, the things that you want to click on are not standard Windows controls. So, position the window of interest to 0, 0 on the screen and use MouseClick.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

According to your first thread, the things that you want to click on are not standard Windows controls. So, position the window of interest to 0, 0 on the screen and use MouseClick.

How WINDOWS controls are different from out software GUI controls...is there any solution for this? I dont want to use mouse click options..

Help me regarding the code to program clicking of buttons on our software's GUI windows..give me some clues to code this...as of how to start..i am new to autoit...

ControlClick()

ControlClick() maybe if you can get all the right controlID's

ControlClick() maybe if you can get all the right controlID's

That is the main problem...AUTOIT INFO TOOL is not sensing the control IDs

...I dont want to use mouse click options..

Can you tab to the button of interest and send ENTER?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Can you tab to the button of interest and send ENTER?

Please give me a small example for this...main problem is AUTOIT INFO TOOL is not sensing any data of my window except "window title" and "window Handle"