Finding DotNet applications

I have been tasked with trying to figure out all of the .Net applications that everyone at our company uses. Problem is we are a big company and many people use appliactions that were not developed in house.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a log file or something that tracks what the .Net Framework launches, what version of .Net was used and possibly give me a name for the application requiring .Net

I have done some Google searches but I'm guessing I just don't know the proper keywords to search with.

Thanks,

Mike

Examine the binary headers of executables created with a .Net language. There should be flags indicating that the .Net framework is to be used to run the application. At that point, all you have to do is create a script that finds all the executables on the machine, scans their headers, and returns whatever information you want in an array, such as program size, properties, name, folder it's in, etc. Write the data to a simple text file and have the script email it to you.

I have the PE header script that I could use for that but it would take WAY to long to go through all the installed files.

Also, I am concerned mostly with the .Net WEB applications that don't acutally install on your computer.

Thanks,

Mike