GUICtrlCreateEdit text selection problem

DickG

I am using this code after creating a second GUI (called $GUI_2):

$GUI_2_Editbox = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", $Left + 120, 80, 100, 20)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($GUI_2_Editbox, "SetFocus")

When the edit box is displayed, I can type text in the box. But as soon as I type, the cursor disappears. So I can't click inside the text box to edit what I just typed. There is no cursor to insert. The only way I can change the text is to press Tab to select the whole string, then retype.

There must be a better way. I've searched everywhere here for a clue, and tried all sorts of extensions, including the _GUICtrlEdit_Create function. Nothing changes this behavior.

Any ideas?

Dick

Doh! Never mind. Problem solved!

Right after I sent this, I discovered that the problem was that I had made the label to the left of the edit box too wide. It was overlapping the edit box, but I could not see the outline of it, so had no clue.

After I made the label less wide, the "no cursor" problem was fixed.

Sheesh! It's always something simple. But maybe others might have this same problem.

Dick

I am using this code after creating a second GUI (called $GUI_2):

$GUI_2_Editbox = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", $Left + 120, 80, 100, 20)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($GUI_2_Editbox, "SetFocus")

When the edit box is displayed, I can type text in the box. But as soon as I type, the cursor disappears. So I can't click inside the text box to edit what I just typed. There is no cursor to insert. The only way I can change the text is to press Tab to select the whole string, then retype.

There must be a better way. I've searched everywhere here for a clue, and tried all sorts of extensions, including the _GUICtrlEdit_Create function. Nothing changes this behavior.

Any ideas?

Dick