Is it possible to use a VB.net dll in AutoIT?

My guess is that you can't if it's just a basic .NET assembly.

BUT you could make the VB project COM-compatible so AutoIt can use it with ObjXXX() functions.

By googling ".NET COM interoperability" you could find something to give some COM magic to your project :P

Sounds good, i'll give that a whiz and get back with my results tomorrow arvo (about 19 hours away :P)

*EDIT*

Had a quick go at it tonight, no luck =\

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

I've tried http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x66s8zcd(VS.71).aspx and just shoved in my Public Functions above the End Class statement but to no avail. (I'm a complete VB.net noob :P)

Edited by SxyfrG

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

@all

This is the theory on how to do it.

For invoking the .NET component from COM you need to

generate COM Callable Wrapper and Register it.

The following are the list of steps that needs to be done

for invoking .NET assembly from COM

1. Create a Type Library using Tlbexp.exe (see here : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbExp.exe)

2. Register the type library using Regasm.exe (see here : C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe )

Never actualy done it myself so if you get it going let us know.

regards,

ptrex

I don't have either of those tools (and i can't find a way to download them) :P

I'm using Visual Studio Express 2008 (Visual Studio 9.0), could this be causing a problem?

*EDIT* It uses .NET framework 3.5

Edited by SxyfrG

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

I don't have either of those tools (and i can't find a way to download them) :P

I'm using Visual Studio Express 2008 (Visual Studio 9.0), could this be causing a problem?

*EDIT* It uses .NET framework 3.5

I'm not sure if Express Editions contains those utilities but I recall the freely available .NET SDK has all the bells and whistles. They're command-line run executables. So google ".NET SDK" :P