Randomizing File names and extentions

just wondeirng if autoit is able to copy itsself (the script file), randomly change its name and/or extention and then placing it randomly into a existing folder on your computer. if so any ideas on how to get me started? im fairly new to this and think this would be great learning experiance lol

just wondeirng if autoit is able to copy itsself (the script file), randomly change its name and/or extention and then placing it randomly into a existing folder on your computer. if so any ideas on how to get me started? im fairly new to this and think this would be great learning experiance lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im sure it is possible with a batch file ... and using the OnAutoItExit function ... so when it exits it will create the batch file, run it and it will copy the script

"learning experiance" yes a learning experiance, i feel that this would help me further my knownledge of programing, with this i can make other programs that would need items to be random in the furture, so why not bundle it up all in one program instead of asking other day for how to do something and waiting for a reply?

"learning experiance" yes a learning experiance, i feel that this would help me further my knownledge of programing, with this i can make other programs that would need items to be random in the furture, so why not bundle it up all in one program instead of asking other day for how to do something and waiting for a reply?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you need it in a random place in the future? and random names? The only program I could think that would need this is a VIRUS program. :lmao:

think what you want, my intentions are solely for learning autoit, not to cause damage to anybodys computer. also why would i want to make a virus, when i could either download one for free in a few minutes or just send the victim a keylogger and get credit card numbers and passwords? its just like the dude asking how to make a keylogger out of autoit to monitor his brotheres internet service, its my computer and i will do as i please with it.

~scriptK