Search Delete

Is it possible to search for a known file then if found delete it? I'm constantly writing custom programs to clean computers infected with viruses and trojans at work and it seems the custom approach is the best as none of the free cleaners (or paid ones for that matter) can do it all by themselves. I've run across a virus that I have locations on about 75% of all the files but the other 25% need to be located then if exist, deleted. I know how to script, what I want to know is this, is there a syntax for searching for the file name and if found, regardless of location, delete it?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

The SuperFlyChetGuy

yes, of course there are ways to search a directory, drive, or drives. ...but the very nature of viruses and trojans is to alter themselves in ways to avoid detection/destruction methods. and because of the variance of these methods, advanced programs have been created to locate said files through a specific common signature that they have (like sending mass emails, accessing areas of memory, accessing system files). Yes, if you really want, you can write a custom massive script to try to accomplish all these things... or, you can buy a reliable anti-virus product.

Edited by thepip3r

My Additions:- RunAs AdminDeviant Fun:- Variable Sound Volume

Yes I agree with part of that but no "one" product seems to be the right one. I have one we use that gives me the exact location of the files and trojans et al but it at times only gives me about 20-30 names and no location for some of them. I need to seek these out and delete them and was wondering if search/delete was doable in AutoItScript.

The SuperFlyChetGuy

#1 Ok what about just being able to use AutoItScript to search a computer from a list of files? From there I can do what I want with those files.

#2 Is there a way to output a log file of what files were deleted if I run a If FileExists() Then FileDelete() for each?

The SuperFlyChetGuy