Sign in to follow this  
Garp99HasSpoken

Using au3 scripts with Wine inside of VNC

Garp99HasSpoken

Has anyone ever tried using AutoIt scripts on windows programs running inside a Wine emulator?

Also, Wine is used within a Linux desktop which I access with VNC viewer, and VNC server is running

on the remote Linux server. Has anyone tried such remote control of an application?

I basically want to control Yenc-PowerPost and uTorrent apps on a seedbox.

maqleod

Has anyone ever tried using AutoIt scripts on windows programs running inside a Wine emulator?

Also, Wine is used within a Linux desktop which I access with VNC viewer, and VNC server is running

on the remote Linux server. Has anyone tried such remote control of an application?

I basically want to control Yenc-PowerPost and uTorrent apps on a seedbox.

Yes, I have run many Autoit scripts in linux using wine. I'm on my opensuse 11 install right now, and I regularly use scripts I have on a shared partition in both my windows XP and Suse 11 install. Certain things don't work of course, like anything really specific to windows (say a start on boot option using the registry will obviously not work in linux), but I can even use my application launcher between the two. I also use a program that downloads images from a website on either install, and it works fine, but on the linux install it won't open the file after (which is because I use shellexecute()).

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software