EMP - Evolutionized Media Player v15

AdmiralAlkex

1. My idea would be to make the timer shorter and just move one char at a time... Like: "Hello - blah - blah " and then in 100ms (or so, I haven't tested this at all) " Hello - blah - blah" then "n Hello - blah - blah".. I don' know if that would work, it would look smoother I think. But I think what you're doing is every 750ms you're starting a loop that takes about 300ms to complete that moves the text.

4. That is only happening with some songs, that's weird. I don't think it's a problem with you program just my weird music files..

6. I would just leave it blank, maybe not even show the "Elapsed time:" until a song is playing.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. There is no loop, I only move 1 letter everytime that function runs so there should only be 4 moves in 3 seconds (since there is 1 every 750 ms). I know that isn't happening but I don't know why.

6. Ok, I will do something like that for next beta.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

5. It should be saved in @ScriptDir & "\Texts\Playlist.txt", I suppose it's not creating the file if the folder doesn't exist, I will add some extra checks for that.

If @Compiled Then
    $dir = StringTrimRight(@AutoItExe,StringLen(@ScriptName))
Else
    $dir = @ScriptDir & "\"
EndIf

I'm using $dir this way plus always adding "create full path" flag when it is possible.

PS: my "small" mPlayer project is over 2,3k lines, but still such a mess...

Edited by AdamusTorK

[quote name='PsaltyDS']so what is your ilegitimate purpose here?[/quote]

-></( NEW VERSION V6!! )\><-

(download from first post)

The main-changes in this version is that support for videos, images and mods has been added. >_<

Also the name is changed to "Evolutionized Media Player" and the "beta" part is dropped, the short name is still EMP. :)

Do note that only music is working in near perfect condition, sometime 2 videos play at the same time and showing a image draws an insane amount of cpu-power.

Added:

added support for videos, images and mods

resizable gui (somewhat crude at the moment)

command line parameters (/? or /help to see all parameters)

lots of trayitems (can be run completely from tray, use above command for more info)

shift+"right-click" minimizebutton to resize to smallest size (pointless but fun)

ToolTips. 2 (or more) added.

you can now use random and repeat independently of each other (as req. by Achilles)

order and size of columns are now saved (as req. by Achilles)

playlist.txt is now created if it doesn't exist (as rep. by Achilles)

added graphics for next, previous and pause (as req. by Achilles)

Changed:

buttons for playlist moved to contextmenu

improved animation of "now playing" (as req. by Achilles)

most/all controls that can't be used with a certain format are disabled

also some unneccesary controls are hidden at start (as req. by Achilles)

softened the colors on some controls

Internal changes:

full support for latest stable (3.2.12.1)

improved modularity quite a bit

optimized the time that is needed for adding new formats

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

First thing I noticed: Reisze works pretty good, there's some graphics that seem to get left behind sometimes but I don't think that is anything you can fix easily.

Second: If I click repeat random with the default settings I get an array -1 subscript error.

More thoughts to come.

Edit: Third: columns don't line up with the information (only that the Artist column says the genre, and I don't see a genre column, this is still with default settings). Actually, this is a vista issue. If you're stilling use the _GetExtProperty you need 13 for artist and 20 for genre.

Fourth: The buttons look better!

Fifth: The place where you display the circulating text (like the name of the song and artist) doesn't grow if you resize the GUI. So if you have a big GUI only a little bit will look be showing info.

Sixth: How do I play videos? I can't add them to the playlist, at least that I can see.

Seventh: Have it remember volume level and gui size (and possibly where you were playing)

Eighth: Columns that are supposed to be hidden can be shown if you drag the last item the right way.

I think that's about it. I like the changes. All the stuff I suggested is just my opinion, like always..

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Eww, I really don't like this. I'm pretty sure your program changes the settings for how windows get dragged. The windows used to move as you dragged, but now it makes that preview black black outline. This is on Vista. And I forget where to change the settings...

-snipped-

1. Not really sure what you mean, perhaps vista issue? (I really wish I had my Vista-computer right now)

2. You pressed random without anything in playlist? I didn't thought about that >_<

3. I will look that up for next ver.

4. Thx :idiot:

5. It does grow for me, check with "AutoIt Window Info".

6. "Rightclick>Add song(s)>change format to video>select files>Ok" ("Add song(s)" may be misleading, gonna fix that)

7. Volume level and gui size can be fixed easy, you can consider it done o:)

8. Isn't that how everyone else does it? I am actually using an almost unmodified _GUICtrlListView_CustomizeColumns(). To actually remove the columns would be a pain in the ass and will have to wait.

I value all suggestions/opinions I get and like now I should have most of them included in next version :P

Eww, I really don't like this. I'm pretty sure your program changes the settings for how windows get dragged. The windows used to move as you dragged, but now it makes that preview black black outline. This is on Vista. And I forget where to change the settings...

I can assure you my intent was not to do anything bad, I think perhaps there could be an issue with my DllCall() to SystemParametersInfo... I will remove the download until it is fixed! :)

Wait a minute, does all windows do that or only EMP? EMP changes that setting intentionally every time you move it, but it changes back to its original setting instantly.

If it's somehow broke try running this code to change it back:

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 37, "int", 1, "ptr", 0, "int", 3)
(tested on win xp) Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Hmm, that fixed it. But there are definitely cases where EMP sets it permanently to the other way. I got it to do it again. I still can't figure out what actually triggers it to stay. Thanks for the solution though.

I tested on two computers and couldn't get any permanent changes, I think I will put the download back and see what others say.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

-></( NEW VERSION V7!! )\><-

This is a minor(ish) update but it fixes some important issues so I recommend all users (if there exist any) to upgrade ASAP.

Added:

• Remember volume (as req. by Achilles)
  • Remember speed
Fixed:
  • Randomize-button hidden at start to prevent error for missing array (as req. by Achilles)
  • Changed "song" to "item" in tooltips
  • Artist column fixed on vista (thx. by Achilles)
  • "Dragging-window"-issue

I don't remember if this was there before, but I would suggest having a minimum window size. That just makes it so that the user can't make the window look ugly.

Also, you left on a tooltip when the user resizes the window, I think that was probably just a debugging thing for you.

I don't know if this a vista thing, buy I've had some problems with KMP doing this too... When you right click the listview (have another window open, like ff or ie or anything) and click edit columns. If you click cancel it pops up the window behind the main EMP window.

Other than those things I think it's working really well. I still want to see the visualization!

I don't remember if this was there before, but I would suggest having a minimum window size. That just makes it so that the user can't make the window look ugly.

I actually had that a few versions back, but I removed it for some reason I don't remember, I think I will add that as an option in settings, there is so little in there now.

Also, you left on a tooltip when the user resizes the window, I think that was probably just a debugging thing for you.

Ooops, that will be fixed, if I only knew how :).... (only joking >_<)

I don't know if this a vista thing, buy I've had some problems with KMP doing this too... When you right click the listview (have another window open, like ff or ie or anything) and click edit columns. If you click cancel it pops up the window behind the main EMP window.

Happens to me too but I really don't know why. As you probably know I use _GUICtrlListView_CustomizeColumns() so feel free to take a look if you find any solution and I will include it. :idiot:

Other than those things I think it's working really well. I still want to see the visualization!

Wait a minute, someone actually want's to see the visualization? :P Fixing it up so it works with the latest code is not something I am planning right now but I may be able to add Vista-support for beta1 if you want? Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I uploaded a v7 again but this time without the extraneous tooltips that i accidentally had left in v7.

For those 8 of you that downloaded it I just want to say that I am sorry! :)

(the download is as usual in the first post and has the same name as the previous .zip)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

-></( NEW VERSION V8!! )\><-

This is adds a few missing columns, a couple of potions and general bugfixes

Added:

• State of msn-button saved
  • Settings-GUI implemented
  • Possibility to lock GUI's min-max size (as req. by Achilles)
  • Lots of options in settings
  • Remember GUI position and size (as req. by Achilles)
  • Drag-and-drop support for listview headers
  • The columns: "Genre", "Year" and "Track number"
Fixed:
  • Improved behaviour of randombutton
  • Improved behaviour of videos
  • Improved saving of columns
  • If playing <> music then "Clear Playlist" was bugged
  • Improved behaviour of "Edit columns" (looks weird but better functionality)
Edited by AdmiralAlkex

-></( NEW VERSION V9!! )\><-

(the download is as usual @ the first post)

What marks this version is the return of the visualizer :) and loading of album covers from the 'net :idiot:

Added:

• Added a hidden message for Achilles as thx for all his help (tell me if you can't find it >_<)
  • 2 New "Command line Parameters" (/about and /settings, to open their respective dialogs)
  • Custom names for columns
  • Experimental loading of album cover from internet!! (as req. by monoceres)
  • Experimental support for visualization is back!! (as req. by Achilles)
Fixed:
  • If playing <> music then "Remove selected item(s)" was bugged
Internal changes:
  • Big cleanup of unused funcs and vars, over 400 lines shorter
  • Lots of funcs and regions moved and a few comments added
Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I get an array subscript error as soon as it starts. I don't have a playlist to add so I can't test it.

Damn, I have 1 IsArray() to little, give me 2 minutes to fix it

Array subscript error fixed, plz redownload from first post OR place the attached file in @scriptdir\Texts\

Edit: This kind of errors could be quickly fixed by an automatic updating system, should I try to build something like that?

(attachment removed, can't imagine anyone needs this anymore)

Settings.zip (388bytes)

Number of downloads: 93

Edited by AdmiralAlkex