tracking my account balance.

xsnow

Ok to start off I have an ok programming background and haven't done any AI for a while.

I want to make a simple program to track my checkbook balance.

What I'm wanting to do right now with it.

1. Simple gui which has deposit, withdrawal buttons and also displays current balance.

2. Each deposit or withdrawal button will ask for date, name, type, amount.

3. I'm thinking save each into it's own text file for record purposes?

4. Once I get it to store and pull data to update account balance running flawlessly I'll work on reports from the data.

Would this be the simplest way to go about this? I want a very small program that suits my little needs without any flash which keeps me from quicken.

Ok to start off I have an ok programming background and haven't done any AI for a while.

I want to make a simple program to track my checkbook balance.

What I'm wanting to do right now with it.

1. Simple gui which has deposit, withdrawal buttons and also displays current balance.

Use KODA (Enhanced SciTE toolbar)

2. Each deposit or withdrawal button will ask for date, name, type, amount.

More GUI controls ;)

3. I'm thinking save each into it's own text file for record purposes?

FileWrite(Loc, $String)

4. Once I get it to store and pull data to update account balance running flawlessly I'll work on reports from the data.

Would this be the simplest way to go about this? I want a very small program that suits my little needs without any flash which keeps me from quicken.

This is no small project. You are going to need ALOT of knowledge and understanding of how AutoIt works, the IE functions work, string parsing, ect...

Start with the GUI and go from there. Use search on these forums and use the help-file. If you still can't figure something out post here with the code.

Good Luck on it!

Im guessing it shouldnt be to big of a project. I should have mentioned Ive done work parsing RSS xml feeds into postable content on forums. I think the finding the balance will be quite easy, itll be the sorting data by types, and getting reports later on that might pose to be a threat. Ahh, just thinking about that I need to make a list of types of data so its always the same for later on. All Ive been able to work on lately at work is VBA in excel, ugh. They wont let me use autoit to automate simple tasks that are quite time consuming so I had to plug through excel. I didnt know vba within excel was quite that powerful. Ha. But mainly I was just wondering if writing 2 text files, or maybe just 1 with a delimiter for deposit or withdrawal would be the best. Im thinking the later so I can work with more complicated code.

• 2 weeks later...