Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mud409

idle timer

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to find a timer script that detects keystrokes or idle times... basically like a screensaver.

Here's my problem, I have a script w/ gui that launches a couple programs (basically a front end) If these programs are left idle the screensaver for windows wont kick in, and at a certain point they'll leave a static image on the screen if that screen which if left on will cause burn in on my monitor (not using a normal pc monitor).

I'm not here asking anyone to write the script for me (unless you want to ;) I just have no clue where to even begin with this script so I'd like an example if one's out there.

Edit- I did find this script http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4361 however this detects mouse movements, at no point in time will I be using the mouse, only 22 keys of the keyboard so this wont work for me.

Edited by mud409

I'm trying to find a timer script that detects keystrokes or idle times... basically like a screensaver.

Here's my problem, I have a script w/ gui that launches a couple programs (basically a front end) If these programs are left idle the screensaver for windows wont kick in, and at a certain point they'll leave a static image on the screen if that screen which if left on will cause burn in on my monitor (not using a normal pc monitor).

I'm not here asking anyone to write the script for me (unless you want to ;) I just have no clue where to even begin with this script so I'd like an example if one's out there.

Edit- I did find this script http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4361 however this detects mouse movements, at no point in time will I be using the mouse, only 22 keys of the keyboard so this wont work for me.

_Timer_GetIdleTime() in the current Beta Timers.au3 UDF.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Don't you dare use this script for something malicious ;)

Oh, PUHLEEEez! ;)

What's the point of the keylogger just to detect idle time?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Oh, PUHLEEEez! ;)

He wanted it when keys were not pressed for X amount time.

This is a way more effecient way than using "HotKeySet" 22 times ;)

He wanted it when keys were not pressed for X amount time.

This is a way more effecient way than using "HotKeySet" 22 times :D

And how does it compare with _Timer_GetIdleTime() for efficiency?

;)

Oh, PUHLEEEez! ;)

To be fare I had to do something similar because some of the machines I need to use it on were NT4 SP3 and the dll Function GetLastInputInfo was from Win2K onwards, so IMHO there is a place for it

;)