Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doublej

Newb _IE functions Help

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

So I Just started learning to script ( Total Newb! ) and Im trying to create a script for connecting brand new laptop computers to a certain webpage... then sending keystrokes to tab through different links. The main problem Im having is some computers come with different free toolbars which load popups (Google toolbar, Yahoo toolbar, Your New HP PoP Up). All of these mess with the tabbing. Ive tried Different things: Opening and closing IE multiple times to make the popups not show up. Tried to make a function to reset Internet Options, (worked some of the time). Ive even have gone as far as used standalone Opera to go to the web pages since it doesnt have popups. Anyway. I want to use IE since its built into Windows, and I think once I learn _IE functions better it will be a whole lot easier ;) Could somebody point me in the right direction to remove additional pop ups from IE or send me to a page that gives detailed info on all the cool _IE functions... Ive already looked at the IE.au3 file.

-Thanks

Jay

After thought: If there was a function that removed all other windows (Without knowing the title names) besides the main IE window, that would be perfect.

Edited by Doublej

Those popups are code from outside Internet Explorer. The COM object most likely can't do anything about them.

Could you create your own GUI with _IECreateEmbedded()?

Not sure if that will stop the popups but maybe...