Find command

mariano

In short: Find.exe is a tiny tool for performing complex and fast searching in your file system.

I've docummented and packed it avaliable for download from http://www.empresas.mundo-r.com/aidega/find.zip

Hope you'll enjoy it!

(KOSHY MAY BE RIGHT, IT WAS A TOO BRIEF DESCRIPTION)

The find utility recursively descends the directory tree for each pathname listed, evaluating an expression (composed of ``primaries'' and ``operands'') in terms of each file in the tree. You can filter files/dirs, depending on their accesed time/hour, size, name, etc. The complete list of parameters comes in a couple of attached texts.

Find.exe was not built from AutoIt. It's a Linux tool ported to Windows. I call it from AutoIt with Run() for performing searchs and dump the results on a txt log, but you can redirect the output to any other program, including AutoIt scripts of course. I provide a BAT file with two examples.

Edited by mariano

In short: Find.exe is a tiny tool for performing complex and fast searching in your file system.

I've docummented and packed it avaliable for download from http://www.empresas.mundo-r.com/aidega/find.zip

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Two things:

1. It is not nice not to put some sort of documentation in the thread itself.

2. Your tool does not seem to be written in AutoIt - basically because it is only 101KB in size (AutoIt v3 executables have never been that small). Why don't you write an AutoIt script that utilizes the executable?

That being said, the executable seems to be very feature-rich from what I gathered from the manual...