Sign in to follow this  
kjcdude

FileMove Error

kjcdude

I was testing a filemove script on real files, and accidently moved files into a file folder type thing.

Here's the screwed up script. As you can see at the end of the destination directory i forgot to add a trailing backslash which in turn copied the files to a directory, but into a single file.

Ex: the final directory is \\nas01\Volume_1\Replays\Starcraft\10 which is actually a file

FileMove("C:\Program Files\Starcraft\maps\replays\*.*", "\\nas01\Volume_1\Replays\Starcraft\" & $compnum, 9)

Does anyone know how to read the files that are put into the files?

Edited by kjcdude

Andreik

I was testing a filemove script on real files, and accidently moved files into a file folder type thing.

Here's the screwed up script. As you can see at the end of the destination directory i forgot to add a trailing backslash which in turn copied the files to a directory, but into a single file.

Ex: the final directory is \\nas01\Volume_1\Replays\Starcraft\10 which is actually a file

FileMove("C:\Program Files\Starcraft\maps\replays\*.*", "\\nas01\Volume_1\Replays\Starcraft\" & $compnum, 9)

Does anyone know how to read the files that are put into the files?

You can use DirMove().

When the words fail... music speaks

kjcdude

You can use DirMove().

I needed to create the new dir at the location of where the files are to be moved to.

It works like it needs to now, i'm still at a loss as to how to recover the two folder files that i created.