Bug?

I am currently copying our out of date database into pdf format, while doing so I had to get a mouse position, so I had the window info tool open. I froze it, double clicked the position, and pasted it in the code. Then when I ran the code it got to _ClipBoard_GetData and would kill autoit, saying there was an error and Autoit had to close. It was bugging me to no end, untill I closed the window info tool. Now it is working as expected. Anyone know why? Is this supposed to happen?

Edited by youknowwho4eva

Giggity

• Moderators

I am currently copying our out of date database into pdf format, while doing so I had to get a mouse position, so I had the window info tool open. I froze it, double clicked the position, and pasted it in the code. Then when I ran the code it got to _ClipBoard_GetData and would kill autoit, saying there was an error and Autoit had to close. It was bugging me to no end, untill I closed the window info tool. Now it is working as expected. Anyone know why? Is this supposed to happen?

Bet it would have worked if you minimized the window info tool as well. Think about it, in your script, you are (or some function is) probably getting the title of the "Active" or on top window for your application... well what does the AutoInfo tool do?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.