Sign in to follow this  
Bullitt00692

Update Reg on Remote Windows Machine

Bullitt00692

I have to push a registry update out to about 100 machines and would like to script this process.

What I want to do is run the script on my machine and have it update the reg on the remote machines.

Is there a way to perform a REGWRITE to a registry on a machine other than the machine that is running the script?

Thanks!

weaponx

Open the AutoIt help file, read the remarks for RegWrite().

Kerros

An easy way would be to push a compiled script out using PSEXEC and having the script do the REGWrites.

PSEXEC is a free program from MS that can be downloaded here.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

Bullitt00692

I missed the REGWRITE comments - Thanks!!

One further question - Is there a way to login to that machine (I have the local Admin and password information) so I can have permission to login and update the Reg?

PsaltyDS

I missed the REGWRITE comments - Thanks!!

One further question - Is there a way to login to that machine (I have the local Admin and password information) so I can have permission to login and update the Reg?

Each individual action doesn't have to be authenticated. Use your credentials to DriveMapAdd() a reference to the C$ share. That authentication should hold for the RegWrite() and other stuff you do afterwords from the same session to the same machine.

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law