help me code this little script

phpzzz

Well, I don't know exactly how much CPU the Sleep() function uses, or how much CPU AutoIt uses either, but at least there won't be that chance. I'm sure it's minimal.

Also, this way the user doesn't have to worry about starting this function if the system needs to be rebooted. It will always be in the Windows scheduler.

Anybody else on my side?

Edited by jmHoekst

Well, I don't know exactly how much CPU the Sleep() function uses, or how much CPU AutoIt uses either, but at least there won't be that chance. I'm sure it's minimal.

Also, this way the user doesn't have to worry about starting this function if the system needs to be rebooted. It will always be in the Windows scheduler.

Anybody else on my side?

just make it automatically start... depends on what the user wants...

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

• Moderators

Anybody else on my side?

It's not a matter of choosing sides here. I use 3rd party apps when necessary, but if I can code something native, and not concern myself with "What if this app fails for whatever reason", and something does go wrong. I know it's my code that did it, and it's much easier for me to fix.

Something that only takes a few lines of code and takes up no cpu usage... is not something I will use some other app to do the work for me.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.