Sign in to follow this  
GregThompson

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

GregThompson

What am I doing wrong here? Just a simple GUI, heck it could be ANY GUI, what is the variable/command/opt to keep the window on top at all times without an entry in the taskbar, just the systray??

Pain

$WS_EX_TOPMOST or WinSetOnTop()?

Edited by Pain

GregThompson

Thanks that works, but it doesnt remove the window from the taskbar.

Pain

$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW

Creates a tool window; that is, a window intended to be used as a floating toolbar. A tool window has a title bar that is shorter than a normal title bar, and the window title is drawn using a smaller font. A tool window does not appear in the taskbar or in the dialog box that appears when the user presses ALT+TAB. If a tool window has a system menu, its icon is not displayed on the title bar.

youknowwho4eva

what if you delete the gui so the tray icon is still there, then set it so you can double click the try icon to reinitiate the gui?

Giggity

GregThompson

$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW

Creates a tool window; that is, a window intended to be used as a floating toolbar. A tool window has a title bar that is shorter than a normal title bar, and the window title is drawn using a smaller font. A tool window does not appear in the taskbar or in the dialog box that appears when the user presses ALT+TAB. If a tool window has a system menu, its icon is not displayed on the title bar.

Doesn't work, don't ask me why but it doesn't...

GUICreate("DSM Box Info: seclpcadsm01",200,100,-1,-1, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)

AdmiralAlkex

Doesn't work, don't ask me why but it doesn't...

GUICreate("DSM Box Info: seclpcadsm01",200,100,-1,-1, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)

Check the helpfile again, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW is exStyle, not Style. They are not exchangeable.

GregThompson

Check the helpfile again, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW is exStyle, not Style. They are not exchangeable.

Thanks Admiral, that worked, I feel silly, I mean the simple fact that it says EX in it.. duh... one last question, I'm attempting to add an Icon for the GUI, however because I'm doing $WS_MINIMIZEBOX to get rid of the minimize/restore/max buttons the icon also goes. Is there a way to add an icon that is JUST an icon, without the clickable context menu that normally would appear?

GregThompson

Thanks Admiral, that worked, I feel silly, I mean the simple fact that it says EX in it.. duh... one last question, I'm attempting to add an Icon for the GUI, however because I'm doing $WS_MINIMIZEBOX to get rid of the minimize/restore/max buttons the icon also goes. Is there a way to add an icon that is JUST an icon, without the clickable context menu that normally would appear?

Nothing huh?

youknowwho4eva

couldn't you just set the case $msg = $gui_event_minimize to do nothing?

Giggity

LimeSeed

couldn't you just set the case $msg = $gui_event_minimize to do nothing?

if you dont want the icon in the tray put this at the beginning of your script

#notrayicon

global $warming = true