Timer during a While loop

furrycow

Hey, all i am looking for is for a timer to be counting down in seconds whilst a seperate while loop is taking place

So to alaborate...

my while loop is executing lots of things and going round in a loop for infinity. In this loop however there could be an If statement that says when the variable, $update =0, call Some Function, otherwise just ignore it. I want this variable to be counting down from 600 seconds to 0 seconds, but separate from the while loop; i dont want the while loop to "stop" for 600 seconds while its executing the if statement, i want the while loop to continue looping until 600 seconds have passed...i can't think how to go about it, and would be SO greatful for any help of thoughts...thank you!

Instant Lockerz Invite - www.instantlockerzinvite.co.uk

Hey, all i am looking for is for a timer to be counting down in seconds whilst a seperate while loop is taking place

So to alaborate...

my while loop is executing lots of things and going round in a loop for infinity. In this loop however there could be an If statement that says when the variable, $update =0, call Some Function, otherwise just ignore it. I want this variable to be counting down from 600 seconds to 0 seconds, but separate from the while loop; i dont want the while loop to "stop" for 600 seconds while its executing the if statement, i want the while loop to continue looping until 600 seconds have passed...i can't think how to go about it, and would be SO greatful for any help of thoughts...thank you!

I think TimerInit would do what you want, then TimerDiff to see the elapsed time.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.