Yet RTF

Michel Claveau

Hi!

I found 2 scripts interesting, in the autoit's forums : _RichEdit_912.au3 & DllCallBack.au3.

With these objects, I tried to make an RTF editor/(minimalist)word_processing.

Warning, it's no a complete software. Rather a proof of concept. An experiment. The source-code is no nice. But it run.

This sample is keyboard oriented ({Esc} => popup_menu)

And also, it's in french. But, as the menu is entirely in the file lertf.menu.ini, the translation is easy (without modifying the code).

Files are little big. They are available (as .zip) here: http://mclaveau.com/gvrac

two alternatives:

lertfsource.zip sources (link to lertfsource.zip)

lertf.exe executable (link to lertf.zip)

Download the file, Unzip it, and run lertf.exe or lertf.au3

* sorry for my bad english *

Edited by Michel Claveau

Hi!

I found 2 scripts interesting, in the autoit's forums : _RichEdit_912.au3 & DllCallBack.au3.

With these objects, I tried to make an RTF editor/(minimalist)word_processing.

Warning, it's no a complete software. Rather a proof of concept. An experiment. The source-code is no nice. But it run.

This sample is keyboard oriented ({Esc} => popup_menu)

And also, it's in french. But, as the menu is entirely in the file lertf.menu.ini, the translation is easy (without modifying the code).

Files are little big. They are available (as .zip) here: http://mclaveau.com/gvrac

two alternatives:

lertfsource.zip sources (link to lertfsource.zip)

lertf.exe executable (link to lertf.zip)

Download the file, Unzip it, and run lertf.exe or lertf.au3

* sorry for my bad english *

Looks interesting. I haven't spent much time on your version but what is the advantage of your script over the 912 example that was with the udf?

The Esc key for menus is a bit strange, I would prefer a conventional menu and a context menu.

When you press Esc the menu appears at a set position which might not be related to where the window is.

The choice of fonts and sizes is a bit limited. Have you looked at _ChooseFont?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hi, Martin!

Looks interesting.

Thanks.

I haven't spent much time on your version but what is the advantage of your script over the 912 example that was with the udf?

It's another implementation. With plus & minus. A different way.

The Esc key for menus is a bit strange, I would prefer a conventional menu and a context menu.

The software is keyboard oriented, because :

- keyboard is a "Fast & Furious" productivity tool (versus mouse)

- cats hate mice, and I like cats.

- I search often an unusual way, to break heavinesses of commonplaces thought.

The choice of fonts and sizes is a bit limited. Have you looked at _ChooseFont?

I heard you. The new release (same URL then 1rst message), has a "Choice police", who use _ChooseFont. Edited by Michel Claveau