Reverse engineering compiled scripts

Guest drei3

the encryption is two-way.  For this reason you should regard the compiled exe as being encoded rather than completely safe.

This is the only thing I've found regarding the subject stated by the devs. There is an option that can disallow decompilation. When this option is used is it well protected against reverse engineering the .exe? I am afraid to make one of my compiled autoit scripts public because I don't want the source stolen. What sort of protection is offered with the compiler, and is there anything further I can do that works under the GNU and will make my .exe safer?

Thank you Jon and the entire AutoIt team for an amazing program.

This is the only thing I've found regarding the subject stated by the devs.  There is an option that can disallow decompilation.  When this option is used is it well protected against reverse engineering the .exe?  I am afraid to make one of my compiled autoit scripts public because I don't want the source stolen.  What sort of protection is offered with the compiler, and is there anything further I can do that works under the GNU and will make my .exe safer?

Thank you Jon and the entire AutoIt team for an amazing program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The decompilation could be accomplished with brute force, I'm sure. But the longer your password is, the more secure the encryption is. Now, with that being said, I'm sure one could attempt to reverse engineer what will always be encoded the same way every time, the stub that contains the dencryption engine.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

The decompilation could be accomplished with brute force, I'm sure.  But the longer your password is, the more secure the encryption is.  Now, with that being said, I'm sure one could attempt to reverse engineer what will always be encoded the same way every time, the stub that contains the dencryption engine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I were to use a password compilation, I would make the password 20+ characters for sure. My question was more about the option of disallowing decompilation which will not allow you to set a decompilation password.