Printing ID card GUI

craigholohan

Hello All,

I am planning/started a little project and not sure if it is possible or not.

What I would like to accomplish is:

Add some fields in the form, like first and last names, dob, nationality etc.

Then using a webcam, take a photo.

Then all the added info and the photo needs to be previewed in another form possibly and then printed on a predefined printer or possibly be able to select which printer you would like to print to.

This is for printing ID cards which will have a standard layout and picture size.

I have attached a screen shot of the beginning of my form as well as a scan of what I would like the printout to look like.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

post-6827-1221727684_thumb.gif

post-6827-1221727696_thumb.gif

Hello All,

I am planning/started a little project and not sure if it is possible or not.

What I would like to accomplish is:

Add some fields in the form, like first and last names, dob, nationality etc.

Then using a webcam, take a photo.

Then all the added info and the photo needs to be previewed in another form possibly and then printed on a predefined printer or possibly be able to select which printer you would like to print to.

This is for printing ID cards which will have a standard layout and picture size.

I have attached a screen shot of the beginning of my form as well as a scan of what I would like the printout to look like.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

The printing udf in my signature can do the job provided you don't mind that the udf uses my dll.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

The printing udf in my signature can do the job provided you don't mind that the udf uses my dll.

Hello Martin,

Thanks I will give it a try but to be honest I am a total beginner, I have made one small app that took me ages and got plenty help here.

Anyhow could you possible give me an example of how I would add this in my code?

Hello Martin,

Thanks I will give it a try but to be honest I am a total beginner, I have made one small app that took me ages and got plenty help here.

Anyhow could you possible give me an example of how I would add this in my code?

Spend some time trying to understand the example in that thread. Some of the functions are very easy to use. For example _Print($hp,$File,$x,$y,$width,$height) simply prints the image in file $File with the top left at $x,$y a height of $height and $width of $width. You might be a beginner but you are able to think through want you want to do and explain it so then you can script it IMO.

Modify the example and see what happens.

Then sketch out what you want to do and try some things. Then if you get stuck come back for help showing what you have tried and explaining what you have a problem with.

Remember that all the dimensions I use in the udf are in units of 0.1mm. So 100 means 10mm. You will need to convert inches or have a little function to convert from inches if you want to use inches instead.

Eg

_PrintSetLineWid($hp,Inch(1/64));set line width to 1/64"

Func Inch($imp)
  return $imp*254
endfunc
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.