Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NELyon

IP/Clock Screensaver

11 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

This is a script I've been working on and am updating quite frequently. It's a screensaver that both tells you the time, and your current local/remote IP address. It seems to already have 50 downloads on Softpedia, which is kinda cool.

Features:

Clock >_<

Local/Remote IP address displays

Config dialog that allows you to control the colors (Right click scr file --> Configure)

And that's about it :idiot:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhan...reensaver.shtml

Source and icon files are included in the zip.

Screenshots (By softpedia)

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/I...hot-109231.html

Download, comment, rate, etc.

EDIT: I don't care how messy my source is. It works :)

Edited by KentonBomb

This is a script I've been working on and am updating quite frequently. It's a screensaver that both tells you the time, and your current local/remote IP address. It seems to already have 50 downloads on Softpedia, which is kinda cool.

Features:

Clock >_<

Local/Remote IP address displays

Config dialog that allows you to control the colors (Right click scr file --> Configure)

And that's about it :idiot:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhan...reensaver.shtml

Source and icon files are included in the zip.

Screenshots (By softpedia)

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/I...hot-109231.html

Download, comment, rate, etc.

EDIT: I don't care how messy my source is. It works :)

Cool but it's a shame that when there is no remote IP it display the label "Remote IP :"

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Cool but it's a shame that when there is no remote IP it display the label "Remote IP :"

Uh... What?

My code is written to make sure that if it couldn't retrieve the IP, it would tell you so. It should say "Could not retrieve remote IP".

EDIT: Wait, did this happen to you or are you just going off of the Softpedia screenshot?

Edited by KentonBomb

Cool script, kinda bland, and plain, but effective. It also flashes a lot for me.

Cool script, kinda bland, and plain, but effective. It also flashes a lot for me.

You didn't read the Readme... I KNOW IT FLICKERS :)

You know you can customize the colors, right?

You didn't read the Readme... I KNOW IT FLICKERS >_<

You know you can customize the colors, right?

Nah I didn't read the readme! Yeah I know you can customize the colors :)

@KentonBomb

Congrats for your 50+ downloads - that should motivate you on doing more projects

Just one question: where on earth did you find 2 hosts for direct download? ...In the [* Download links: (two reliable HTTP/FTP direct download links)] field at the program submission form

I have been looking a lot for free file hosting services with direct download link but found none

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

@KentonBomb

Congrats for your 50+ downloads - that should motivate you on doing more projects

Just one question: where on earth did you find 2 hosts for direct download? ...In the [* Download links: (two reliable HTTP/FTP direct download links)] field at the program submission form

I have been looking a lot for free file hosting services with direct download link but found none

One host is on my own home server. The other one was a web host I had a few hundred megs of space left on.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have over 130 downloads now :)

Edited by KentonBomb

@KentonBomb

Ripway.com has 30MB's of free file storage, a long with 150MB bandwith, and up to 10MB files, and all direct, super-fast download links.

Also, remember that this was written to serve a purpose, not to be "t3h pr3tt1ful".

It really is my screensaver. :)