Avi Error

DjDeep00

Can someone please help me with the following avi problem?

If I open my script (small window with one avi clip) manually I have no errors. The avi plays without any errors. But I receive an error if I try to let windows open the script using the function:

RegWrite ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "AUTO", "REG_SZ", "C:\MyScript.exe")

Upon reboot I receive the following error message: "The application or DLL C:\MyAvi.avi is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...

This is a real stumper, and an OLD problem.

The same phenomena occurs when a .avi is fired off from an AutoIt script when working without the Explorer.exe shell in XP.

Launch the script again from the Task Manager, and everything is suddenly just fine.

Real showstopper for us out there who like working without a net...

WHAT IS THIS???

Any guesses/workarounds???

Thanks folks.

Edited by Marcus

[center][font="Courier"][quote]Which end do you put the cheesecake in?[/quote][/font][/center]

Since the AutoIt gods have determined that I cannot receive email notification of reply activity at the forums, I'm going to be watching this topic from this post at General Support:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16607

Please post any input over there ;)

Thanx.

Edited by Marcus

[center][font="Courier"][quote]Which end do you put the cheesecake in?[/quote][/font][/center]