Multiple GUI problem...

Hello everyone, BinaryBrother here again with a small problem. My GUI has a main interface which contains two buttons, "View Inventory" and "Modify Inventory". If I have "Modify Inventory" open, while I click "View Inventory" from the main interface, it causes the active GUI to lose focus, and initially renders the application unusable, because the Modify or View window falls behind the main interface, and somewhere along the line I believe that when the secondary GUI is opened, it tells the main one to ignore input until secondary is closed... Since the secondary GUI's have no taskbar Icon, you can't even interact with them to close them once they fall behind the main interface... I've uploaded 2 screen-videos to my DropBox, the AVI uses the techsmith's codec so VLC might not play it, but Windows Media Player should, the second one is a SWF, you can of course open that with any SWF player, VLC, or even internet explorer.

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/78219/GUI%20glitch.avi

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/78219/GUI%20glitch.swf

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

Hello everyone, BinaryBrother here again with a small problem. My GUI has a main interface which contains two buttons, "View Inventory" and "Modify Inventory". If I have "Modify Inventory" open, while I click "View Inventory" from the main interface, it causes the active GUI to lose focus, and initially renders the application unusable, because the Modify or View window falls behind the main interface, and somewhere along the line I believe that when the secondary GUI is opened, it tells the main one to ignore input until secondary is closed... Since the secondary GUI's have no taskbar Icon, you can't even interact with them to close them once they fall behind the main interface... I've uploaded 2 screen-videos to my DropBox, the AVI uses the techsmith's codec so VLC might not play it, but Windows Media Player should, the second one is a SWF, you can of course open that with any SWF player, VLC, or even internet explorer.

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/78219/GUI%20glitch.avi

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/78219/GUI%20glitch.swf

It's not quite clear to me what your problem is, but if you mean that when you create another gui to view inventory for example, that you don't want anyone to click on the main gui then when you create the 2nd gui set the state of the main gui to @SW_DISABLE. Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Martin:

I'm actually trying to get the "View Inventory" and "Modify Inventory", to coexist happily with one another, I want to be able to set the "Inventory Main" always behind "View" and "Modify" windows, but to still be clickable to open access for those windows via the main window...

Zedna:

1) I'll send you a PM with the code if you prefer, other than that I'm not done yet, and the code is unfinished.

2) That's a great way to take care of my current problem, but I kinda wanted the "View" and "Modify" windows to coexist, in front of the "Inventory Main" window...

(EDIT) -

3) I'm using Techsmith's Camtasia. :P

Thank you both for your replies.

Edited by BinaryBrother

Alright guys, I got that little problem fixed... but now my Inventory Main flickers when I close Mod or View Inventory. :(

The start-bar pops-up over my app for a second... :idea: I'm currently looking for a "hide start-bar trick"... :P

I've got all the information I need. Thanks everyone!

Edited by BinaryBrother