Help with checking/editing Window Edit fields

I'm trying to edit two fields in a window and I was wondering if it is possible to check to see what those fields are currently and if they are not equal to 20000 then change them to 20000. I have used the window spy to identify the edit fields their controlid's are Edit4 and Edit6. I'm very new to autoit and I know this should be possible, but just can't seem to find out how to do it. I have attached a picture of what I'm trying to edit. Thanks

post-41841-1223995831_thumb.jpg

Edited by rocksolidsr

I'm trying to edit two fields in a window and I was wondering if it is possible to check to see what those fields are currently and if they are not equal to 20000 then change them to 20000. I have used the window spy to identify the edit fields their controlid's are Edit4 and Edit6. I'm very new to autoit and I know this should be possible, but just can't seem to find out how to do it. I have attached a picture of what I'm trying to edit. Thanks

post-41841-1223995831_thumb.jpg

Use the "Control" functions in the help file. They enable you to change them values without having to move the mouse and manually click on stuff.

Also, there is a tool called "AutoIt Window Info" that you can find in your AutoIt folder(Start menu) that will help you a lot. :P

Use the "Control" functions in the help file. They enable you to change them values without having to move the mouse and manually click on stuff.

Also, there is a tool called "AutoIt Window Info" that you can find in your AutoIt folder(Start menu) that will help you a lot. :P

I can already change the values but I need to make sure that they were actually changed to 20000, so I need a way to store the original value into some type of variable and check to make sure that it is equal to 20000

I can already change the values but I need to make sure that they were actually changed to 20000, so I need a way to store the original value into some type of variable and check to make sure that it is equal to 20000

Help file:

ControlGetText

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retrieves text from a control.

ControlGetText ( "title", "text", controlID )

Parameters

title The title of the window to access.

text The text of the window to access.

controlID The control to interact with. See Controls.

Return Value

Success: Returns text from a control.

Failure: Sets @error to 1 and returns a blank string of "".

Help file:

ControlGetText

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retrieves text from a control.

ControlGetText ( "title", "text", controlID )

Parameters

title The title of the window to access.

text The text of the window to access.

controlID The control to interact with. See Controls.

Return Value

Success: Returns text from a control.

Failure: Sets @error to 1 and returns a blank string of "".

i knew had to be something easy, thanks