Control minimised windows

Does anyone know of any way to..

1. Get a screenshot of a minimised window

2. Send a mouse click to specific co-ordinates of a minimised window.

I'm trying to come up with a generic way of displaying an application's window on a remote PC, but I need to be able to do this while another app is running fullscreen or while the app is minimised.

Any alternate suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of any way to..

1. Get a screenshot of a minimised window

2. Send a mouse click to specific co-ordinates of a minimised window.

I'm trying to come up with a generic way of displaying an application's window on a remote PC, but I need to be able to do this while another app is running fullscreen or while the app is minimised.

Any alternate suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

You seem to be asking to have 2 programs with focus at the same time. It seems a little unlikely. :P

Why cannot the program which you want to control remotely be shown on the host computer?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You seem to be asking to have 2 programs with focus at the same time. ...

As I understand the request:

Main PC is running app1 full screened

Main PC is running app2 in the background or minimized

OP desires that the main PC can display app2 on a remote PC

The OP suggested taking/sending screen shots of app1 to send to remote PC

OP desires that the main PC can click on app2 on while it is not in focus

@OP - Is this correct?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Moderators

Sounds more like a virtual environment situation to avoid detection of some sort :P ... don't you love it when people make you have to read between the lines ...

1st. You're not going to get a screen shot of a minimized window, it has no device content to capture.

2nd. You can send a "type" of mouse click to a minimized window via something like _MouseClickPlus() which would have been found with the search engine.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks all.

herewasplato - Yep thats pretty much it.

I suspected that point 1 might not be possible but I've been surprised before.

As for point 2, I'd forgotten _MouseClickPlus() which would probably serve my purpose perfectly.

SmOke_N - I realise my intentions may have appeared dubious but it's really not the case.

I was trying to find a way to control bunch of memory editing / cheat finding tools whilst running a game that absolutely refuses to run in a window.

I guess I'll try to take a look at NomadMemory.au3 and write a command line cheat finding application that I can run over ssh.