Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brodie28

Most reliable way to send information accross the internet?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering what autoits most reliable way of sending information accross the internet is? Just some basic text needs to be sent...

I was wondering how reliable The InetSMTPmail functions are... What worries me is finding a reliable mail server.

The only other things I could think of is TCP/IP stuff which I am not really familiar with or just loading a webpage and submitting it....

Now why would you use the word reliable and Internet in the same sentence? :-)

Since you mentioned AutoIt's TCP/IP functions, I'll assume that you have some control/influence over the computer that is going to be receiving this text.

You might try a simple file copy thru a free VPN software like Hamachi. That way, you have some degree of reliability and a high degree of security.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

But for that to work, wouldn't the PC it is running on need to have Hamachi installed?

I was playing around with the SMTP sendmail function today and in testing could not get it to send an email successfully with several SMPT servers (Gmail, yahoo etc.)

Still after ideas.

But for that to work, wouldn't the PC it is running on need to have Hamachi installed?

I was playing around with the SMTP sendmail function today and in testing could not get it to send an email successfully with several SMPT servers (Gmail, yahoo etc.)

Still after ideas.

I have found sending email to be pretty reliable and easy in autoit are you sure you are using these functions correctly?

Still after ideas.

The _InetSMTPmail() doesn't work with GMail. You could use _InetSMTPmailCom() posted in the examples forum for that.

Yahoo doesn't allow free smtp mail either. You will require an account for that too like GMail.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

But for that to work, wouldn't the PC it is running on need to have Hamachi installed? ...

Yep... but I think the same would be true for Autoit's TCP/IP functions; you would make a server/client tool to send the info. So, I mentioned an app that has to be one both ends too. E-mail is probably as reliable as Hamachi.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]