Sign in to follow this  
Allucard

Finding Files and Loop Until Available

Allucard

Background

I am working for weeks now with an Installer for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Client, The Problem with this installation is Once the EXE finish

installating Pre-Reqs an MSI launches and I loose Focus on the Installation. A lot of people are having this issue creating a package for remote users.

The Solution is to create a script that searchs every so often for the Start Menu shortcut creation. After the Shortcut is found I can launch the other conditions.

I am stuck in the FileFindFirst Loop or may be I just got at it all wrong.

$search = FileFindFirstFile("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0\Configuration Wizard.lnk") 

While 1
    $file = FileFindFirstFile($search) 
    If $file = -1 Then ExitLoop
    Sleep(500)

WEnd

FileClose($search)

trancexx

While FileFindFirstFile("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0\Configuration Wizard.lnk") = -1  

Sleep(100)

WEnd

MsgBox(0,'',"File exists")

If you want every so often then you can use AdlibEnable() of modified version of that function

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Allucard

While FileFindFirstFile("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0\Configuration Wizard.lnk") = -1  

Sleep(100)

WEnd

MsgBox(0,'',"File exists")

If you want every so often then you can use AdlibEnable() of modified version of that function

Thanks tancexx

That worked Great

Ill will share this once I complete the GUI and tested. There is a big community for CRM Tools out there and this solves the remote

installation for those of us not using SMS

Allucard

I created this in conjuction with 7zip installer. It works with no issues on a perfect Enviroment, however If there was an error with the installation

This loop will continue for ever.

RunWait("sc config CISvc start= auto");Sets Index Service to Auto
RunWait("net start CISvc");Start Index Service

FileInstall("CRM.CMD", "C:\Windows\CRM.CMD");Copy custom command File 
FileInstall("client_config.xml", "C:\Windows\client_config.xml");Copy custom command File 
FileInstall("registercrm.cmd", "C:\Windows\registercrm.cmd");Copy custom command File 

RunWait("CRM.CMD","C:\Windows",@SW_HIDE);Launch setupclient.exe from bat C:\CRMInstall\CRM\Setupclient.exe /q /l c:\clientinstalllog.txt INSTALLLEVEL=3 /targetdir "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client"

Sleep(1000)
WEnd

RunWait("C:\Windows\registercrm.cmd","C:\Windows",@SW_HIDE);Launch from bat "Microsoft.Crm.Client.Config.exe /config C:\CRMInstall\CRM\client_config.xml /l c:\clientinstalllog2.txt"

This is the XML file I use just for reference

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CRMConfiguration>
       <Client>
<ServerUrl Type="SPLA" ShowUser="False">https://myserver.net</ServerUrl>
<Organization>My Company Name</Organization>
<CEIP option="False" />
        </Client>
</CRMConfiguration>

I have 2 installation types using the software below

7-Zip Switchless Installer Reference Code

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 Update 1