Compiled Script won't run in Vista

Adriano

Hope someone can help. I'm new to AutoIt. On a Vista laptop, I've created a script which copies files, adds lines to a file, and installs an application. When run I the script from .au3 file (Tools/Go) all works well. I then compile to an .exe and run, and it fails to launch. Take the package to Win XP machine and the .exe launches ok.

I am a domain admin, which gives me local Admin rights on the machine and UAC is turned off.

Thanks

Hope someone can help. I'm new to AutoIt. On a Vista laptop, I've created a script which copies files, adds lines to a file, and installs an application. When run I the script from .au3 file (Tools/Go) all works well. I then compile to an .exe and run, and it fails to launch. Take the package to Win XP machine and the .exe launches ok.

I am a domain admin, which gives me local Admin rights on the machine and UAC is turned off.

Thanks

Add #RequireAdmin to your script and read the section of the help file titled "AutoIt on Windows Vista".

:P

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law