click Button in frame

urklnme

I am on a page with six frames. I have selected a frame named "contentFrame". On this frame there is a row of buttons. I want to click the 5th button that reads "Export Grid". In the source of the content frame appears:

body onload

table class = "buttons"

tr

td

<a class="buttons" onclick="exportGrid(&quot;main?command=ExportGrid&amp;dbid=3369174

I have tried getting collections of all sorts, getting object by name, even tried to msgbox the names of all object in the frame. I tried to open frame in new window. The current state of the code:

$oFrame = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "contentFrame") ; works

MsgBox(0, "Frame Info", $oFrame.name) ; works

$sSrc = $oFrame.src

$oIE2 = _IEAttach($sSrc)

$colTags = _IETagNameAllGetCollection ($oIE2)

For $oTag In $colTags ; ERROR no object here

MsgBox(0, "button Info", _IEPropertyGet($oTag, "innertext"))

If _IEPropertyGet($oTag, "innertext") = "exportGrid" Then

_IEAction($oTag, "click")

EndIf

Next

no matter what I have tried I have not been able to get any objects that belong to the frame.

I am a rookie to HTML and AUTOIT.....This is definitely a IATK error ARGH!!!!!

I am on a page with six frames. I have selected a frame named "contentFrame". On this frame there is a row of buttons. I want to click the 5th button that reads "Export Grid". In the source of the content frame appears:

body onload

table class = "buttons"

tr

td

<a class="buttons" onclick="exportGrid(&quot;main?command=ExportGrid&amp;dbid=3369174

I have tried getting collections of all sorts, getting object by name, even tried to msgbox the names of all object in the frame. I tried to open frame in new window. The current state of the code:

$oFrame = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "contentFrame") ; works

MsgBox(0, "Frame Info", $oFrame.name) ; works

$sSrc = $oFrame.src

$oIE2 = _IEAttach($sSrc)

$colTags = _IETagNameAllGetCollection ($oIE2)

For $oTag In $colTags ; ERROR no object here

MsgBox(0, "button Info", _IEPropertyGet($oTag, "innertext"))

If _IEPropertyGet($oTag, "innertext") = "exportGrid" Then

_IEAction($oTag, "click")

EndIf

Next

no matter what I have tried I have not been able to get any objects that belong to the frame.

I am a rookie to HTML and AUTOIT.....This is definitely a IATK error ARGH!!!!!

Why are you using $oFrame.src with _IEAttach()? Are you trying to work around some cross-site scripting restrictions?

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I indicated in the op that I am new to this. I have spent a couple of hours on this so far. I have tried many combinations of many different commands. what you see was just the current state of the code. actually I have already taken that out and tried other commands. I will probably try tabbing to the button next.

If you know an effective way to find the collection of objects in a frame and click on a button in a frame I would appreciate the knowledge.

I indicated in the op that I am new to this. I have spent a couple of hours on this so far. I have tried many combinations of many different commands. what you see was just the current state of the code. actually I have already taken that out and tried other commands. I will probably try tabbing to the button next.

If you know an effective way to find the collection of objects in a frame and click on a button in a frame I would appreciate the knowledge.

I think you need to spend some time trying out the example scripts for the various _IE* functions. It is a learning curve that is well worth climbing. This may list the tags you are interested in by index:
$oFrame = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "contentFrame")
$colTags = _IETagNameGetCollection($oFrame, "a")
$iTagCnt = @extended
ConsoleWrite("There are " & $iTagCnt & " 'a' tags in the frame." & @LF)
$i = 0
For $oTag in $colTags
    If $oTag.class = "buttons" Then
        ConsoleWrite("'a' tag index " & $i & " matches class = buttons" & @LF)
    EndIf
    $i += 1
Next

The problem is that you don't show the full 'a' tag. If there is no HREF section to the tag, then it should have a 'name' property set that would allow addressing it directly. Practice with the examples in the help file and it will become clearer how to do that.

:P

Edit: Reference: MSDN: "a Object":

Remarks

The a element requires the href or the name property to be specified.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yes I agree.... Autoit is a great tool and well worth further reading. I, like many others, rushed into a script because Autoit is just that cool!! :P

I have many other tasks in my daily/weekly work that I would like to automate so I will definitely be learning more.

Thanks indeed for the replies.