Multiple scripts on virtual desktops?

Maric

Hi there. I am using AutoIt four months now, and I found it is exelent peace of software.

I have some ideas of new implementation, but not shure is it possible. Here is situation:

I want to run several (1-4) diferent aplications all in diferent virtual desktops. For each aplication I will write script to automate it. Question is, is it possible?

If aplication A runs in virtual desktop 1 and for this aplication i have script (I), would it work without interference with aplication B which is running in desktop 2 and its script (II)? Someone tryed it?

For virtual desktops I think you need aditional software and calling all those instances would really kill your CPU and RAM. I think it's possible, just not very practical.

For virtual desktops I think you need aditional software and calling all those instances would really kill your CPU and RAM. I think it's possible, just not very practical.

I allready installed software for virtual desktop, if that is what You have on Your mind, will put additional CPU and RAM if needed.

My scripts operate with mousemove() and mouseclick() functions. If I have several desktops on my mashine, do I have several cursors too? One for every desktop?

Having many virtual PCs running at once will cause a huge slowdown of your PC. If you are using mouseclicks to handle the interaction, you will need enough monitor space to handle everything. You must be wanting to control a bot for a game or for a poker bot.

Edited by Volly

Having many virtual PCs running at once will cause a huge slowdown of your PC. If you are using mouseclicks to handle the interaction, you will need enough monitor space to handle everything. You must be wanting to control a bot for a game or for a poker bot.

It is a bot for a game.

I want to have game opened and run in separate virtual desktops and still have main desktop free for doing some other things.

While waiting for answer here, I create a test script. Must say it does not work like I want. :mellow: Not working at all.

Volly and I already told you that doing this will be a massive waste of resources. As I said in my first post "possible but not very practical".