Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mercury049

.msg files

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi all.

So if I drag an email out of outlook and drop it on my desktop, it makes a *.msg file. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how to read this into AutoIT. I need to pull that data from the message in and parse it for select info. Any ideas?

Edited by Mercury049

Hi all.

So if I drag an email out of outlook and drop it on my desktop, it makes a *.msg file. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how to read this into AutoIT. I need to pull that data from the message in and parse it for select info. Any ideas?

Google is your friend: Outlook .msg File Format

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Google is your friend: Outlook .msg File Format

:mellow:

I saw that and have been trying to read up a great deal on it. However, I still don't know how to use AutoIT to gain access to those nodes so I could parse out the data. I'm delving into something here I have 0 knowledge of, but I would like to learn. Any examples or POF you point me to other than that? Maybe you could provide me with a small bit of code showing how I could access a .eml message and get in there to those nodes?

Thanks again.