TimeSync - Synchronizes System Time with Internet Time Server

jennico

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to stop the discussion about how to update system time - everybody knows that.

i derived my script in order to demonstrate how time sync is done.

this was part of a bigger program that needed the exact time independently from system time. so if you want to make a project that needs a time sync, you can add my code to it.

e.g. imo, an email client should always independently ask the correct time from internet instead of simply using the local pc time. i have often received emails with wrong time stamps from users who did not care about that after a system crash. the problem is, you will hardly be able to find the specific email with wrong creation time in your income folder that is ordered chronologically.

that's what it's for.

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

• 8 months later...

Everyone has a different need for time updates. My PCs need updated hourly, we run our radio station on Scott Studios and having the time exact every hour is crucial in order for CBS News an various programming to start on the hour exactly. I would prefer to write my own program to do that. Updates a couple times a day does not work when the clock gets off by a couple seconds, not acceptable in this business. Thanks for the info on here, it will help alot!

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I am new to AutoIt.

I tried to look into this script but it is way too complicated for me (at least it is right now).

I am looking for something that does exactly this, but without having to go through the tray. Basically, I would like to create a function which would update the system time, and take into account the daylight saving time (just like this script, I tried it manually and it is exactly what I am looking for). The only notification I wish to have is a msgbox.

It seems that jennico hasn't been online since July, so I am calling for help from other experts :)

I have worked for some time on a bigger script (with a big help from the members of this forum), now I am almost done and this is the main thing I still need to automate.

I would appreciate very much any help!

Thanks!

Edited by Akshay07

• 6 months later...

Hi Jennico,

Great proggie! I have used it successfully with 2000 and XP, and just today tried it with NT4 and received this message:

Variable must be of type "Object".:

$o.navigate("http://"&$ser[$best]&":13")

$o^ ERROR

I am not a regular NT4 user, we have an old piece of equipment that has to use NT4 and we need the date/time to be correct.

From your experience does it work with NT4? Do I need to configure something in NT4 or change some lines of code to prevent this message?

Thank you for your help.

Millisys

• 3 years later...