Activate program running in SYSTEM tray?

I'm writing a sript which needs to "properly" close, programs which are running in the SYSTEM tray.

EDIT> let's make it a bit more clear: programs in system tray are usualy accessed in 2 ways

1- via tray menu (think about firewalls, AV, monitors etc.....)

2- double clicking on tray icon which pops up/restore a window

so in fact what i'd like to do is

...either activate tray menu choose close/Quit o(r whatever it is), then click some message box or window that pops up to set correct options before quiting

...double click the appropiate icon (which BTW is not always at fixed coordinates) then send appropriate message(s) to the window

this also enable to change other options in the program (when not exiting) <EDIT

Facts are:

- easy to find processes running on the system (Pr..exist? Pr..cList) o:)

- easy to "ProcessClose" them :)

- unfortunately, "ProcessClose" actualy KILL them and don't give a chance to do some "housekeeping" (saving...) :)

- no windows exists for these process, which could be "activated" or "sent to" something. :)

from what i've already seen and used in AutoIt up to now i'am sure there is a way i've not found yet :lmao:

THX for help EDIT> That you may provide <EDIT

(i found a "special' version dealing with tray menu: very good tools & i'll use them, but it doesn't help in this case.)

Edited by lupusbalo

- no windows exists for these process, which could be "activated" or "sent to" something.  o:)

Are you sure about this? Often programs running in the tray have a hidden window you can interact with. If these programs show a normal window that could be used to close the program, then try to simply automate this window and try to use the same commands when the program is only in the tray.

from what i've already seen and used in AutoIt up to now i'am sure there is a way i've not found yet :lmao:

Sorry, the tray was not ment to be automated by microsoft, so there's no simple way to interact with programs in the tray.

Are you sure about this? Often programs running in the tray have a hidden window you can interact with. If these programs show a normal window that could be used to close the program, then try to simply automate this window and try to use the same commands when the program is only in the tray.

THX

w're right, MOST of them have a window!! (but not all of them) (due to Murphy laws :) the one i did test the fisrt time have not :) )

I have set up a script to look thru all windows (visible or not) in the system.(they are so many!!)

And i'm able now to work on those "sytem tray program" which have one.

I still have some others (with no identifiable window) for which the only "access" seems thru tray menu, and i'll need to go thru API's for a workaround :lmao:

Sorry, the tray was not ment to be automated by microsoft, so there's no simple way to interact with programs in the tray.

this is what i see o:)