Has anyone seen an AI script that performs like Windows find files?

Was wondering if anyone had seen a good find files AI script. The 2 or 3 I found didn't do quite what I needed. Since it's AI, I won't need to save any of the searches, I'll just build the criteria into a different "version" of the script.

But having a list come up like the Windows file find would be good and not just a simple search without a listing.

Any help appreciated. I'm stuck. I can't get ahead on 3 ongoing projects since there's stuff I don't yet know. It's been a long time since I've been at a standstill in AI. <g>

Thanks. <vbg>

Was wondering if anyone had seen a good find files AI script. The 2 or 3 I found didn't do quite what I needed. Since it's AI, I won't need to save any of the searches, I'll just build the criteria into a different "version" of the script.

But having a list come up like the Windows file find would be good and not just a simple search without a listing.

Any help appreciated. I'm stuck. I can't get ahead on 3 ongoing projects since there's stuff I don't yet know. It's been a long time since I've been at a standstill in AI. <g>

Thanks. <vbg>

Just a ListView with two colums (file name and path)? Do you already have the search logic and just need to display the results?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Actually, since I seem to be over-reaching myself, have had to throttle back. In the meantime, found a VBS script that partially does what is needed:

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(&H11&)
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName(--my folder here--)
objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("find")

This will at least initiate the search in the desired folder. I'm looking for setting the filename and content parameters, if I'm using the right term there.

Once I know how to set all 3 items into this search file, I'll be able to automate the process with AutoIt as I have done in the past with complex scripts of this kind. I can use all the tricks I do know in AI re relative file paths, etc., and use it to create the VBS and then delete to delete it once search box is up.

This one is still ongoing, but at least it's a start at my level of knowledge.

Thanks. :mellow:

Edited by Diana (Cda)

Actually, since I seem to be over-reaching myself, have had to throttle back. In the meantime, found a VBS script that partially does what is needed:

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(&H11&)
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName(--my folder here--)
objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("find")

This will at least initiate the search in the desired folder. I'm looking for setting the filename and content parameters, if I'm using the right term there.

Once I know how to set all 3 items into this search file, I'll be able to automate the process with AutoIt as I have done in the past with complex scripts of this kind. I can use all the tricks I do know in AI re relative file paths, etc., and use it to create the VBS and then delete to delete it once search box is up.

This one is still ongoing, but at least it's a start at my level of knowledge.

Thanks. :(

Your "objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("find")" opens a GUI find window, doesn't it? Is that what you wanted, or are you wanting to search and present the results natively with an AutoIt GUI?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you want AutoIt to do: Just pop an Explorer Find dialog, or do a find and present the results?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law