A quick question about Terminal Services

IndyUK

Hi All,

I did a quick search but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. The question is; If I install Autoit on a physical server running Server 2003 with 5 terminal service licences, would a script run if the physical PC was locked. I'm working on a Java application which as you all know cannot be driven by control names, so instead I have to use MouseMoves, WinActivate, Send to replicate user interaction. These commands require an unlocked session. So if I open an RDP session would the screen and keyboard be available for manipulation, even though the physical PC is locked?

I apologise in advance if this type of question has been answered before but, I looked through lots of post and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

Hi All,

I did a quick search but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. The question is; If I install Autoit on a physical server running Server 2003 with 5 terminal service licences, would a script run if the physical PC was locked. I'm working on a Java application which as you all know cannot be driven by control names, so instead I have to use MouseMoves, WinActivate, Send to replicate user interaction. These commands require an unlocked session. So if I open an RDP session would the screen and keyboard be available for manipulation, even though the physical PC is locked?

I apologise in advance if this type of question has been answered before but, I looked through lots of post and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

unless you want to graph the exact XY coordinats it wont work using rdp(as far as I know)

[size="10"]Pure Au3 crypt funcs(I'm currently also working on making a dll from this)[/size][Y] Be more active in the community[Y] Get 200 posts[N] Get 300 posts[N] Make a Topic in the example scripts forum with at least 50 replies.People who currently hate me:ValikSmOke_N

unless you want to graph the exact XY coordinats it wont work using rdp(as far as I know)

Well I'm going to navigate using screen co-ordinates as it's a Java app. So there will be lots of MouseMoves and MouseClicks and Send commands being used. My main reason for asking was to make sure that if the physical PC is locked will the terminal session run ok. This is very important otherwise I'll have to abandon AutoIt...and believe me, I don't want to.

Edited by IndyUK

Question?

Where is the app running in your RDP session or on the console?

Or are you connecting your RDP session to the console?

Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Question?

Where is the app running in your RDP session or on the console?

Or are you connecting your RDP session to the console?

Kenny

It really depends on which method works. The stipulation is that I could potentially open 5 sessions at the same time to drive 5 different apps (on the same server)

How would you recommend I do it?

If there is a long delay between mousemoves, you could issue some random mouse movement, that would stop the session from locking.

Or were you intending to start everything and disconnect your session?

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Or were you intending to start everything and disconnect your session?

Pretty much the above. A request would be sent to the TS and the necessary session would be opened, autoit script will run, do it's work and close session.

Thats' about it.

ok but from what you said the session will remain open while your interacting with the application so you shouldn't have a problem. I have a program I use in TS that works via x,y coords.

Otherwise you'll have to run it on the console.

It would have to be unlocked but you could block all mouse and keyboard unput, except some hotkey of your choosing.

The hotkey would cause the script to end and return mouse and keyboard control.

Kenny

ok but from what you said the session will remain open while your interacting with the application so you shouldn't have a problem.

So does this mean that even though the console is locked i.e on the monitor it says "workstation locked", the open TS session which has been called is running the Autoit script?

I have a program I use in TS that works via x,y coords.

Would you be so kind as to share how you setup the whole TS arrangment? This will really help me visualise how to setup the whole thing. I'm assuming that you have a Terminal Server and a standard XP machine that requests the session from that Terminal Server? Edited by IndyUK