Explicit Data Types

jbg1978

I know that the help files insist that data types will be converted properly when necessary in AutoIT. However, this is the second issue I've run into with not being able to explicitly set my data types. I have a program in vb.net that will be used from workstations where I can't put the AutoITx dll in the system folder due to group policy restrictions. So, I want to write a series of wrappers in AutoIT and compile them into executables that will be shelled from my VB app. An example would be an AutoIT script that accepts 4 command line args and passes them to the ControlSetText function. However, when a string is passed as the control ID parameter to the function, it fails. Only when I pass it as a number does it work correctly. Any suggestions on how to convert the string that is passed in the command line to a number, so the function will accept it.

Also, I know that I could probably pass the class instead of the control ID, but I've found in my experience that the control ID is the most accurate way to go and would rather not be bound to limitations like that.

Edited by jbg1978