Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenKensei

Determine state of a service?

2 posts in this topic

Group,

Working on a script to troubleshoot Microsoft's SMS Advanced client installation. The installation of advanced client relies on multiple factors such as the Admin$ share being accessable, the Server service being started, etc. So here's my problem. I know I can start & stop services inside AutoIt using something like:

$ServerStart = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'net start Server', "", @SW_HIDE)

However, is there a way to query for the current state of the service so I don't have to blindly use the 'net start' and 'net stop' command? Say, using either a DLLCall function or an external program like PSService. I have nothing against using PSService if necessary, but if I use PSService how do I check the %State% variable once I run PSService query Server to see if the service is started?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

ZK

Group,

Working on a script to troubleshoot Microsoft's SMS Advanced client installation. The installation of advanced client relies on multiple factors such as the Admin$ share being accessable, the Server service being started, etc. So here's my problem. I know I can start & stop services inside AutoIt using something like:

$ServerStart = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'net start Server', "", @SW_HIDE)

However, is there a way to query for the current state of the service so I don't have to blindly use the 'net start' and 'net stop' command? Say, using either a DLLCall function or an external program like PSService. I have nothing against using PSService if necessary, but if I use PSService how do I check the %State% variable once I run PSService query Server to see if the service is started?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

ZK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Route the commandline output to a txt file and read it with autoit.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache