Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Regnbue

Helping a newcommer (?)

7 posts in this topic

Hey people. I am VERY new to AutoIt.

I want my script to run a browser (internet explorer, firefox or google chrome)

so, I type in:

RunWait("firefox.exe")
or just
Run("firefox.exe")

But it will never launch the browser? I also tried it with the "iexplorer.exe" instead of "firefox.exe", but it won't open ?

What I'm intending to do, is an AutoLogin .. Because I'm tired of entering my password xD But I first of all need to learn to make it open my browser.. Might be back in this thread for more help afterwards. Thanks in advance (:

You might wanna take a look at the IE functions which are also documented in the help file for AutoIt.

Apart from that, there are multiple topics on forum about this matter, so a quick search will probably find you some good examples.

hi there,

Try to give more info to commands, like working dir:

Run ( "firefox.exe", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox",@SW_MAXIMIZE);if you dont't need to wait for firefox to open.

If you need firefox to open to continue anything in the script:

RunWait("firefox.exe", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox",@SW_MAXIMIZE); return code is send after firefox opens.

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

hi there,

Run ( "firefox.exe", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox",@SW_MAXIMIZE);if you dont't need to wait for firefox to open.

RunWait("firefox.exe", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox",@SW_MAXIMIZE); return code is send after firefox opens.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for helping me, but .. Your two codes there, won't open my firefox? I copy-pasted your code. (Yes, the path is correct), but it doesn't launch firefox ? I even tried to shut down everything else, and then launch the script. Still no results :<

hi there,

Cheers

@November, this is not very helpfull as you make a commonly made mistake!

The second parameter sets the Workinf directory and has nothing to do with were to find the program!!!!!!

@OP,

You need to specify the fully qualified path for programs that are not in the search path for first parameter.

Run ( "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")"

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

hi there,

Cheers

The second parameter sets the Working directory and has nothing to do with "where to find" the program!!!!!!

@OP,

You need to specify the fully qualified path for programs that are not in the search path for first parameter. (assuming the path here)

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The second parameter sets the Working directory and has nothing to do with "where to find" the program!!!!!!

@OP,

You need to specify the fully qualified path for programs that are not in the search path for first parameter. (assuming the path here)

Hi,

Checked... absolut path is need...

I think i used Run only one time with pstool exe. As i remember i use it in the same dir that the script, so i didn't get that issue... or read the help for Run command :) :)

The truth is that i always try to use every AutoIT capabilities and avoid 3rd party software, but learning is always welcome of course. Thanks Jos

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]