Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Innovative

Information storage

8 posts in this topic

Is there any other ways to store informations besides writing into the registry and into a ini file ?

Because i'm creating a application with trial version , but people can just easily bypass it by deleting the file or registry .

Is there any other ways to store informations besides writing into the registry and into a ini file ?

Because i'm creating a application with trial version , but people can just easily bypass it by deleting the file or registry .

You can make your script acces a ftp wher you have stored the information and read it from there.

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

I have no web host btw. I want a permenent solution , web hosts often get deleted or something like that .

Whatever can be stored locally can be removed. Keep that in mind. I think his idea is about the best you're going to get.

Also, what if they run it in a sandbox? Then there's no way for you to permanently store data on the end PC.

I have an idea is to store informations on a sql server , but is there a totally free SQL hosting ?

Yes it probably exists. You could ask a friend who has a host with space to spare though.

Yes it probably exists. You could ask a friend who has a host with space to spare though.

I have no friends , lols. I am a lone ranger .